Bed bugs are small pests and live near to human bodies for feeding their blood. A female bug can lay many eggs, and the number will multiply quickly when you are not noticing them or their presence at home. You should be aware of them and take pre-steps to push them out of your home. If they once entered, the situation could be difficult to control then.
When you have a large infestation on or around the bed, they find another suitable place to live and lay eggs there. They are known as good travelers as they stick to your clothes or belongings like luggage or handbags to move to another place. They would stick to your clothes because they are naturally made to crawl easily on the thread-like surface to cling onto it. That’s why they can attach to your hair even.
Will Bed Bugs Actually Live In Hair?
They want to live near your warm blood, and the area should be easy to hide for them, then why it, not your hair where both conditions meet. Bed bugs don’t like to live in hair because they can’t crawl through your hair easily. They are not designed to crawl in the hair as lice. So it is good for you to read this, but this is not happiness but the worst condition of bed bug infestation you are having at home.
They will come near to the scalp to feed your blood through the scalp. Their bites are quite like the head lice, and if you ignore them as lice, the infestation is going to be on a higher level, which could be uncontrollable to you. If your primary issue is to clear them from your scalp so let’s start the process.
How To Tell If You Have Bugs In Your Hair?
If you see some spots on your scalp and behind the ears, around the neck or shoulders, there could be two possibilities, one for lice and the other is for bed bugs. If you can crush them while scratching over the scalp, it may be a bed bug because they are larger than head lice and could be crush easier. They are sized of the apple seed and red or brown in color. Here is another way for you to tell that if you see small white eggs on the scalp. It is a telltale sign about having bugs in hair.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Hair?
Here are some effective methods to help you out when you have bugs in hair. But you have to notice one thing about how they come over the scalp. Actually, it is due to infestation at home. You have to give more attention there because, once your head is clean, you can get them again while lying on the infested bed again.
- Shave the head if it is possible. If you can,t do this, no worry, you have some other alternatives.
- Apply the treatment on the overall house, and heat treatment is so effective in this way. Bugs can’t stand on the temperature, which is above 122 degrees.
- 3. Vacuum the house regularly and empty the garbage bag rapidly so they can’t come back again to your home.
- Wash all the clothing and wash them at high temperatures to kill the bugs hiding in them. Pack the mattress into a plastic bag because bugs can’t chew it to enter, and it saves your mattress from the bugs attack.
- You can use bed bug repellent sprays or products which you can easily purchase and suits to your required condition.
How To Remove Bed Bugs From Hair?
The hair on the scalp is a sensitive area, so never use any kind of pesticides for this purpose. It is risky, you know. Some easy treatments are available to resolve the issue of bugs infestation in hair. So, let’s start from the first.
First Treatment: Washing And Combing
If you ever suffer from lice before now, you really know the combing method. If you don’t know, then continue reading.
- Take a lice removal shampoo and apply it on the head and all the hair.
- Cover the hair for 15 to 20 minutes approximately, and then open them.
- Wash them properly and let them wet for the next step.
- Take a fine-toothed nit comb and make sections of your hair to make the combing easy. Comb the hair throughout and wet the hair during this step.
- Repeat the process every 3 to 5 days till the infestation removed completely.
Second Treatment: Make Your Shampoo Anti Bugs
If only washing and combing are not enough for your problem, then take this step to remove them.
- Take some amount of rubbing alcohol and mix it in your regular shampoo.
- Apply it over the hair and rub it for a few minutes smoothly.
- Rinse it after at least 10 minutes and then wash.
- Repeat it with the distance of 2 to 3 days.
- It can dry your scalp, so use any conditioner to avoid the dryness or side effects.
Third Treatment: Suffocating The Bug
- Use olive oil or any mineral oil on the scalp and hair also.
- Cover the scalp with a shower cap and let it as overnight.
- Rinse it then, and wash with the shampoo.
- It suffocates the bugs until they die.
Fourth Treatment: Heating
- Sit under the high temperature or sauna to kill bugs.
- Wash the hair with hot water as much you can bear on your scalp or skin.
- Heat during this method can kill all bugs present inside your hair.
Here many effective methods are given to you. You can use according to your requirement and conditions that are suitable for you. Although you have to treat your home first because accepts it all, the procedure of hair treatment is useless. Some ideas for treating home are also aforementioned.
You can take any one of them to help you out. Use only one procedure at one time because using two or more at the same time can cause any side effects of mixing. If you can’t handle them, then leave and call the experts that can solve the infestation effectively.